new tastes

After years of prayer and looking, the church Deborah and David are a part of was able to sign a long term lease on a building. This afternoon we walked about 30 minutes to see the space and make plans for what needs to happen to be able to use the kids space Sunday. 

As we were preparing to leave Deborah asked if she could take me to lunch. I gave an immediate affirmative answer.

When we walked in and this was the first thing we saw, my mouth stared watering in anticipation.

We could see a river that runs through Tbilisi from our table.

I ordered their chicken salad.
Deborah ordered her favorite soup, tomato based with asparagus and huge chunks of chicken.

She also ordered a bread basket. Three types of bread served with coriander, garlic butter. 

Delicious doesn't begin to describe the food. 

(My smile after the meal was even bigger than this one Deborah took before we began eating.) 

All I can think about as I reflect on this afternoon's experiences; 1. me being able to walk the thirty minutes to see 2. a huge answer to prayer and 3. the meal Deborah and I enjoyed together, is Psalm 34:8.

Taste and see that the Lord is good.
How happy is the person who takes refuge in him!

Comments

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to share

Popular Posts