no words

Never mistake someone's silence as a time when they have nothing to say.
Sometimes there are no words.














Ever have a time when you didn't know how to pray?
I have.
More than once.

Romans 8:26-27 (ESV)
26 Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. 27 And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

Did you notice that this passage does not say
"the Spirit helps us when we do not know what to pray."
It says
"Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness.
For we do not know what to pray for as we ought..."

That is why I find this passage powerful and comforting.
  
All of the time, I am weak.
I never know what I ought to pray.
The Spirit of God Himself intercedes for me-
He intercedes with groanings too deep for words-
He searches my heart.
He intercedes for all of the saints-
(all of His chiuldren)
because that is part of the will of God.
We are too weak to pray on our own,
so He has given us His Spirit to interpret for us.

There are no words necessary.
 
For that, I am thankful.

Comments

Popular Posts