20 month streak broken

The last time I mowed my lawn was sometime in September, 2021. Twenty months ago. That's a very long time to go without some of my favorite therapy. I'm thankful for the people who've taken care of that task when I couldn't. 
(I was cleared to resume yard work late last fall but decided to wait until this season, and honestly, I have been afraid to mow. Until today.)
Half way through I had to take a break.
When I finished mowing, I took another break.
Then I used the weed eater along the driveway, sidewalk and in front of the house.
I decided to wait to tackle the back fence line until next week.

This evening I changed my mind and decided to give it a go.
I was not expecting this lovely surprise! These old fashioned cabbage roses bloom the first two and half weeks of May. If I hadn't worked on the fence line I would have missed the last two of this season. 
I don't think I've ever been so glad to have grass on my legs and stains on my sneakers.

This is what I am enjoying as I type. 
Yes, the flower beds and honeysuckle still need work, 
but my lawn is mowed and trimmed. 
My heart is so happy I don't even care that it took me more than 7 hours to finish a job I used to be able to complete in less than 2.

Lesson for today:
Slow down.
Enjoy and be thankful for what you can do.
Often it's the little things that make life beautiful.

Comments

Popular Posts