some days grief knocks louder


Some days I
really miss my husband.

I am on a streak of those days.

It isn't like at first, 

when it was hard every day, 

debilitating some days,

BUT

I am in a period of time,

where for no apparent reason,

I am very aware of his absence.


Maybe it is this beautiful life I get to live 

and I want to share it with him.

Maybe it is the mail that continues to come in his name.

Maybe it is something totally different. 

What I do know 

is that I am sensing his absence 

more deeply than I have in a while.


I know where he is.

I know I am going there too.

But sometimes this in between is painful.

This note was written 3/4/2014. 
It  showed up more than six months later,
under a piece of furniture ,
after Bill died. 
There's a lot of truth in those 11 words.

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort. He comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any kind of affliction, through the comfort we ourselves receive from God." 
2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Comments

Popular Posts