Happy Noorus

Today is the Kyrgyz New Year.
Noorus is pronounced new-rooz.

"The festival of Noorus is held on the same date every year – March 21st – the day of the vernal equinox , when the sun passes over the equator dividing day and night into two equal, 12 hour, parts. In ancient times this marked the New Year (the beginning of the solar year) in many cultures – hence the association with New Year."

I find it interesting that people all over the world celebrate "New Year".
We all long for new beginnings and
relish the promises new starts offer.

That is why I celebrate with great joy the new beginning we enjoy in Christ.

That is why the following is one of my favorite passages:

"This I recall to mind,
therefore I have hope.
The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
for His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning.
Great is Your faithfulness."
Lamentations 3:21-23 NASB

Happy new day.

Comments

Popular Posts