"I didn't ask for this"


Willow is my newest grand daughter. She joined our family Tuesday afternoon November 23. She has three sisters. Noell is 7 1/2 , Kaelyn is 6 and Korah is 2. When her Aunt Beth told Noell we were going to see her new baby sister the evening Willow was born, Noell told her "I did not ask for a baby sister." Aunt Beth said "Oh, well sometimes God gives us something that we don't ask for. Did you ask for a baby brother?" Noell looked at her very seriously and said "I did not ask for a boy or a girl. I did not ask for a baby at all."

Beth and I laughed-inside-but I have thought about how Noell is not so different from me.

God gives me a wonderful gift- and because I cannot see beyond the fact that things are going to change I cross my arms, stomp my foot and say "I did not ask for this or that or anything close to it!"

I am so thankful God loves me and knows me better than I know myself because
truth be told, I have found that some of my favorite gifts end up being things God gave me that I didn't ask for.

Comments

  1. amen I find that to be way to true all the way around but some of my greatest gift have been things I did not know I wanted until I held them living and non.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to share

Popular Posts