convicted...ouch


As I sit here ending week four of not feeling like myself,
fighting anxiety,
praying  "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, with thanksgiving present your requests to God and the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
I am convicted because I forgot about verses 4&5
"Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again, rejoice.
Let your gentleness be evident to all, the Lord is near."
I am convicted because I have not been rejoicing.
I am convicted because I have not been gentle.
I am convicted because I have not rested in the Lord's nearness.
I am convicted because I am still anxious,
and this prayer has "worked" in the past.

I am thankful for the
support
kindness
understanding
patience
prayers
gentleness
acceptance
of my friends and family.

"In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12

"Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you." Matthew 7:1&2

My hypocrisy shames me.

"Father, please forgive me for not treating others the way I want to be treated.  Just as I do not want to be judged because no one else knows where I am, where I have been or what You and I have been wrestling with, I do not know where they are on their journey.The next time I am tempted to pass judgement please remind me of this uncomfortable time of having my hypocrisy revealed. I really have no desire to repeat it. May I be prompted to pray and accept the way I want to be prayed for and accepted. In Jesus' name, Amen."

Comments

  1. awww Momma D sometimes I think u are way to hard on u..... You know I do believe that you have told me this exact that that if Christ forgave all u have done then so should u Pansy... I kinda feel like well I have known u for what 17 yrs now holy cow can that be right anyway u so amazing momma d i d k :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to share

Popular Posts