healing tears

After my husband read my blog last night before bed
I knew I had to qualify
the liquid that was dripping from my eyes
before he went to work this morning.

And I had an "aha" moment
concerning my aversion to tears.

As they fell, I thought
"This is what makes tears so hard".

There are just so many kinds!

I have shed tears of:
grief
joy
hurt
stress
relief
anger
thankfulness
frustration
happiness
fear
hormones
exhaustion
loneliness
and the hardest ones:
"I don't know why".

This morning the dewy drop were happy tears
and it was easy to explain them.

Often,though, it is too hard
or I do not have
the time or
the energy
the words
to explain
why I need
a Kleenex,
his hanky,
a napkin,
toilet paper,
or in a pinch-the inside of a shirt sleeve.
Don't try and tell me
you have never resorted to that!

And sometimes I act like that child
I wrote about yesterday-
I hide them,
I don't let them fall.
If they don't see "them"
"they" are  not real.

The problem  is
the tears are there
whether I let them fall or not.


So I have resolved:
to be more willing to let my eyes leak-
to try to always have a Kleenex ready
to not feel like I have to explain
to not ignore other"leakers".

I think Puff's will be happy with this decision.

Comments

Popular Posts