KCU (partial) family reunion


some of the family after chapel Friday morning
some of the family at the house Friday evening


This weekend was KCU homecoming. Bekah brilliantly thought of having a planned family reunion at the house. I quickly agreed. Not everyone who is part of our family was able to come home, and not everyone who came home was able to come to the house and chapel. We didn't get everyone in the pictures we took, but I think you get the idea that my time, my house and my heart were full.

Weddings. Babies. Engagements. New members added since we were together last. Graduations. Jobs. Losses. Moves. People seeking to serve God where He has led them means we are spread out over several states. Getting together was a treat, a rare treasure. 

One by one, two by two, three by three and four by four they headed home. Thursday evening. Friday after chapel, later Friday afternoon, Friday evening, Saturday morning, Saturday evening and after church this afternoon.


same area of the house, totally different look this evening

The silence here is almost deafening now. Louder than it was when they were all here, talking and laughing, children playing in the next room over. My eyes are filled with grit once again from crying. Saying see you later is never easy. 

My house may be empty, but my heart is full that is part of the fuel for the tears and I would do it all again, from the beginning, years ago, when I didn't know who I would find around my table when I came home from being gone or when I came down in the morning from sleeping, to the present, when I still wasn't sure who would be around my table, without a moment of hesitation.

love is worth the price

if you are part of the family that couldn't make it, we missed you

also, if you are part of the family and find yourself in the thriving metropolis of Grayson with a few spare minutes, stop to see me and Bekah, we miss you! 

P.S. the house isn't blue anymore, but it's still in the same place. 💗

Comments

Popular Posts