saying goodbye is never easy


It's always tough when my kids and grandkids come for a visit.

Not because they overtake almost every inch of floor space, not because it is very loud and busy, not even because they use my toilet paper, smudge my windows, forget things, make messes (because that's what living includes) and break branches off of the pine tree to use for brooms in the club house. 

It's tough because there comes a time when they have to pack up and go home. 

Today was "that" day. 

Beth, Chloe, Crisitan, and Addy left first.

Soon after Jonathan, Jess, Addy and Benjamin headed to Russell. 

Later I stood at the storm door waving to Sarah and her girls as they backed out of the driveway and drove away and tears fell. 

It's never good, but today it was bad. 

Really bad.

For some reason them leaving makes me miss Bill more.

I sat at my computer when the emotional storm ended and checked my email

One of the ministries I support sends out a daily prayer point.

This was today's message:


“The Lord is close to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”Psalms 34:18

Pray that the people of Spain will feel God’s presence and and reach out to him when they are broken hearted.




What beautiful timing.
I love God hugs.
Especially in the midst of heartache.
And I am thankful for picture taking daughters.



Comments

Popular Posts