"Is that your church?"

I have the privilege of sharing an hour every Wednesday morning with a young mom. We are memorizing Scripture together, sharing what the Lord has taught us as we read the same passages, pray together and talk about life. This morning her youngest daughter, a four year old, joined us. 

Macy was looking behind me and asked; "Is that your church?" 

I turned around to try and figure out what she was talking about because I know what's on that wall and on the buffet. There is no church.

"I don't know what you..."

"Those people. Is that your church?"

I looked at her momma and said "She's got it right!" 

To Macy I said, "Yes, that's part of my church."

"That's my church too! I see Emily!"

What a beautiful testimony. She saw the church when she noticed the picture of some of the people we gather with weekly. 

It isn't the building. 

It's the people she recognizes as the church.

Comments

Popular Posts