watching the weather and hearing God

the weather threats are real today
  • flood watch
  • tornado watch
  • high wind warning
as I went to the door to let my outside dogs inside this afternoon, my ears opened fully at the sight in front of my eyes:

Look closely over the roof of the car wash.
I went out in the yard to try and get a better picture.
I looked to the left of the neighbor's garage.
It's faint, but I could see about 80% of the rainbow.
A  whispered reminder that God keeps His promises.

Does this mean we won't get severe weather?
Does it mean I will escape property damage?
Does it mean I can ignore the warnings?
Absolutely not.
That would be foolish.

But regardless of what I face,
I know God cares.
He is with me.
Focusing on those truths
 gives me peace and comfort and courage,
even as the wind howls 
and clouds blanket the sky.
Yes, I am watching the color of the clouds, 
listening for weather alerts 
and have a safe place to go to if the need arises.

“Therefore, everyone who hears these words of mine and acts on them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain fell, the rivers rose, and the winds blew and pounded that house. Yet it didn’t collapse, because its foundation was on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and doesn’t act on them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. The rain fell, the rivers rose, the winds blew and pounded that house, and it collapsed. It collapsed with a great crash.” Matthew 7:24-27

P.S.

Rainbow #2 today was all the colors, complete and vivid.

I turned for another look as I headed inside.
I couldn't get a picture, 
but the beginning of a double rainbow was there.





Comments

Popular Posts