little by little

When my day started with a matching mug and bowl, I knew it was going to go one of two ways:
strangely (because I have many colors of Fiestaware and never match them purposely)
 or wonderfully (because I have many colors of Fiestaware and I never match them purposely).
It turned out to be a really great day! My kids who live within driving distance are coming in to visit next week. They are providing and cooking our Thanksgiving meal. But some of the families will be here more than Thursday afternoon and Friday so I placed small online orders at both Sam's and Walmart last night to save time and energy. I stopped at Aldi to pick up the few things I don't want someone else choosing. Good thing I did online and not in store shopping at the "Big stores" to keep me from impulse buying.


I carry a lot less at one time now than I used to. Weight and bulkiness are the deciding factors in how much my back will allow me to tote.
This is three trips worth. 

 It was definitely a process 

 little by little,

trip by trip,
 all the groceries made it into the house
(ten trips helped my step count)


now that everything is stored properly and I've had supper I keep thinking about how much life is like this experience-very little gets done in one fell swoop. Most things take planning and include several steps. And very many things need to be done over and over again...

"Thank you Father for family and friends and opportunities to share meals together."*

*and if you are hungry, for food or company, stop by and join us next week! We'll be here Wednesday-Saturday visiting and eating our way through the day.



 

Comments

Popular Posts