nothing new, but everything is different

there was nothing different about this "family" Thanksgiving

distance made it impossible for all of us to be together

the kids and their families arrived and departed on different days

and yet Friday night as I sat on the couch, 

knowing the last two families were leaving Saturday,

there was a tinge of "time went too fast"

but no dread of morning coming


my heart is full 

of love

of new memories

of contentment

of thankfulness


there was nothing different about this holiday week externally,

and that is why I am baffled by how different it turned out

there were no tears today

and I have more joy 

and happiness 

and feeling of wholeness

than I have experienced in a very long time


Andrew forgot about his coffee that he'd warmed up in the microwave and this is Bill's mug and I won't be waking up to the smell of fresh coffee in the morning. Normally this would have set off the waterworks but this afternoon my heart smiled that Andrew had enjoyed making coffee every morning and he'd chosen one of his dad's mugs to drink it out of.


I know, without a doubt, this is a gift from my loving Father in heaven and my momma taught me to not look a gift horse in the mouth so I am simply going to bask in this present state of wonder and awe and completeness.

Comments

Popular Posts