progress, step by step

 


So, 
this happened yesterday.
I haven't seen that number in over a year.

How did I rack up that mileage?
I cleaned my house.
All 2,200+ square feet. 
On the same day.
I stripped two beds.
Washed the linens.
Remade said beds.
I did my laundry.
And went to bed wondering if I'd be able to move today.

When I woke up this morning I knew yesterday was a reality.
Not because I was hurting too much to move,
but because everything looks and smells better!

Surgery in April.
Taking time for healing and rest.
Physical Therapy since June.
Supplements to encourage nerve health and healing added 24 days ago.
2 steroid injections 6 days ago.
Countless prayers.
Progress is a beautiful thing.

It's supposed to be in the 50's the next few days. It may be the perfect time for a big test. Walk across the street, begin to walk around the park and see how many consecutive steps I can get in before I need to take a break. 

Comments

Popular Posts