unforgivable


Matthew 6:5-15
When you pray,
you are not to be like the hypocrites...(5)
go into your inner room.... (6)
do not use meaningless repetition... (7-8)

Check, got it,
when you pray- not If.

Pray, then, in this way:
Our Father who is in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.
Your will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven. (9-10)
Check, got it,
acknowledge God for who He is.

Give us this day our daily bread. (11)
Check, got it,
ask Him to provide what I need today. 

And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors. (12)
Check, got it,
I need Him to forgive my debts.

And do not lead us into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. (13)
Hm mm...I don't really understand the
and do not lead us into temptation part,
but I do want Him to deliver me from evil,
so, check, pray this part too.

"For Yours is the kingdom
and the power
and the glory forever.
Amen."
Check, for sure!
What a great way to end instructions on prayer,
giving God the glory.

Summary:
Recognize God for who He is.
Ask Him to give me what I need today.
Ask Him to forgive me.
Ask Him to deliver me from evil.

Oh, and remember to give Him glory.

Jesus knew how likely we would be to concentrate on
"forgive us our debts"
and gloss over
"as we also have forgiven our debtors"
so He said it twice more,
in different but similar ways:
"For if you forgive others for their transgressions,
your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
But if you do not forgive others,
then your heavenly Father will not forgive your transgressions."
(14-15)

God wants me to forgive.

God wants to forgive me.

Not forgiving others makes my sins unforgivable.

Father, please, check my heart
reveal any  forgiveness I am withholding








 so I can forgive
and be forgiven.

Comments

Popular Posts