When

When you/I grow up...

 Please let me know when you arrive safely.

When you leave please lock the door.

Please call me when you get this message.

When this is all over....

Please let me know when  you find out anything.

When I/you have time...

"When" conveys an expectancy.

"When you give to the poor..."
"When you pray..."
"When you fast..."

Jesus expects His disciples to:
give to the poor
pray
fast
Check it out for your self in Matthew 6.

When I started reading Matthew 5-7 daily a few weeks ago, this portion of Scripture caught my attention. The significance of the word when is not lost on me. It haunts me because it convicts me.
When you give to the poor
(I give, but why am I just now realizing the "to the poor" part?)
When you pray
(this one is easier to read because it is more integrated in my life)
When you fast
(I have, but only a few times in 35 years)

When I contemplate this passage I realize some changes are in order.
When, as in "this is normal behavior for you".
When will I begin?

Comments

Popular Posts