let and be


Disclaimer:
There is danger in pulling out one verse of Scripture without knowing what comes before and after.
There is no way I can explain, in this blog post, all that comes before and after the verse that has caught my attention today.
Please read the book of Colossians.
Yes the whole book.
It is a very short book.

At church we are in the midst of a sermon series from Colossians 3.
I tend to read what comes before and what follows the passage we are looking at.
Today that included verse 15.

Colossians 3:15
 "Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts,
to which indeed you were called in one body;
and be thankful."

All day long the first part of that verse has tumbled around my mind.

 Let the peace of Christ rule in (my heart)

Let:
allow
permit
open myself to
accept

the peace of Christ:
a wonderful gift that comes from knowing who He is and who I am, in Him, in the midst of the storms and trials and troubles of life as well as in the calm times.

rule:
be the standard
be in control
be boss
reign

in your hearts:
In Scripture our heart is not the muscle that pumps our blood- it is much more than that.
Proverbs 4:23 "Watch over your heart with all diligence, for from it flow the springs of life."

"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful."

This is not a suggestion-it is what I am called to do.

I have some responsibility in making this a reality.

What would my life look like if I did exactly what this verse says to do:

"Let the peace of Christ
rule in your hearts"
"and be thankful"

Comments

Popular Posts