Salty/ Matthew 5:13


Sometimes I crave salty and nothing else will do.

Matthew 5:13 “You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt has become tasteless, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled under foot by men.

Jesus says believers are the salt of the earth.
If we become tasteless we are not good for anything...
except to be thrown out and trampled under foot by men.

Reading this made me wince yesterday.

It seems to me that Christianity is definitely maligned and trample under foot.

In view of this verse I have to ask:

Have we lost our flavor?

After wrestling with that question I had another thought...
If we still have our salty flavor, people around us will be thirsty.
Which led to the realization that...
Thirsty people crave water.


And I am left with another question.

Have we tried to quench people's thirst with
  • church
  • religion
  • programs
  • tradition
  • activities
  • opinion
  • preference
rather than Jesus who is the Living Water?

Comments

Popular Posts