a different kind of busy

the deafening silence is back, filling my home
if you need an explaination you have never had your house full of loved ones that come for a visit that is never long enough, regardless of its length
it is the silence that follows their departure
the same sound (quiet) that usually is comfortable 
is eery for a while when they head back to their corner of the world
sometimes I fill it with busyness
sometimes it is filled with tears
sometimes I escape it by leaving for a bit
today will include all three

there are "Christmas" boxes that were emptied yesterday that need returned to the attic, only to be brought back  down after New Years to be refilled (thank you Beth and Sarah for your help)

ornaments added
Bill displayed these in his office

this is front and center every year

Mom Bondurant gave me this ceramic tree last year

   you can never have too many nativities (yes, I have others displayed)

Jesus isn't missing, He just got misplaced 

I bought this handmade set from a dear friend in 2014

the kids purchased this set for me from an ICOM booth in 2014
it may be my favorite
if I get caught up in busyness this season
I want it to be the busyness of worshiping the One whose birth we celebrate
just like these figures are 
as I sit here writing
the dishwasher is humming its tune
I know there is more laundry to do
there is a church building to clean
there is a yard nativity in the shed that needs put out
and a large star to put on a shepherd's hook near the yard nativity
there are plenty of good Kleenex spread around the house

I think it's going to be a great day!

Comments

Popular Posts