always gonna be haters

you don't have to look far or long to find a hater
or at least I don't,
I see and hear them on Facebook and in public places
and they seem to be getting louder and more numerous
I am guessing there are some in your corner of the world too

chronic complainers
people who are always disgruntled 
folks who are perpetually discouraging
people who are easily angered when things don't go their way
folks who appear to diligently seek things to be offended by
who are eager to look for and spread bad news
who thrive on publicly airing their negative opinions
whose sole purpose seems to be to drag others down 
who stick their nose into business that isn't theirs

as long as we draw breath on this earth,
there are going to be haters in our world 
(sometimes they are as close as the mirror)
Christian,
don't be a hater

"Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.  And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you." Ephesians 4:29-32 ESV (English Standard Version)

 "
When you talk, don’t say anything bad. But say the good things that people need—whatever will help them grow stronger. Then what you say will be a blessing to those who hear you.
 And don’t make the Holy Spirit sad. God gave you His Spirit as proof that you belong to Him and that He will keep you safe until the day He makes you free. Never be bitter, angry, or mad. Never shout angrily or say things to hurt others. Never do anything evil. Be kind and loving to each other. Forgive each other the same as God forgave you through Christ."  ERV (Easy Reader Version)

How do we accomplish this?
The Holy Spirit and God's word at work in our life. Below are some more verses I have found helpful to keep my mouth in check. I have prayed, studied them and memorized them. There are more in the book these came from.

"The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.Luke 6:45 (emphasis mine)

"Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth;
    keep watch over the door of my lips!"  Psalm 141:3

"Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts. And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting! Psalm 139:23-24

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, Lord, my rock and my redeemer."  Psalm 19:14

"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." Romans 12:21 (ESV)

Comments

Popular Posts