Bait

I am watching Bait Car-a show that comes on after Lizard Lick.
Don't judge.
I have kids in their early 20's that hang out at my house-
my TV viewing has become quite varied.

In case you have no idea of what a bait car is, cops have specially equipped vehicles that they leave the keys in. Anyone who decides to help themselves to the vehicle finds themselves locked in when the car shuts down per the policeman's discretion. If the people didn't fall for the bait they wouldn't find themselves in trouble and there would be one less reality show!

I was thinking "they need some will power" until I realized I am not so different from them.

I will (for example) buy "it", but only if "it" is on sale-and there is always something on sale!

A Hershey Kiss-even two isn't bad, but once I open the bag, the bait is there...          

I know it is past bedtime, but I will read just one more chapter...

I know I should exercise, but I will spend a few minutes on the computer first...

DQ Blizzards are buy one get one for 99 cents. Do I  think it is smart to get one every day that they are on sale? I haven't, but the bait, the temptation is there!

I could go on, but I think you get the idea.

I don't know what your "bait" is, but I do know that we all have something that is so tempting that sometimes it is just too good to pass up...and when we nibble at the bait, rather than running the other way, we fall, there are consequences to pay, and there is no one to blame but ourselves.

1 Corinthians 10:13 (ESV)
 "No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it."

Comments

Popular Posts