music and hearing from God

                                                                                    Last Friday was a tough day.
I was driving to Huntington by myself for the first time in more than three months, pouring out my heart to the Lord, listening to my new Chris Tomlin CD. As I sang "I lift my hands to believe again, You are my refuge, You are my strength. As I pour out my heart these things I remember, You are faithful God forever.", I did not lift my hands as the song suggests since I was driving in a bit of rain, instead I lifted my eyes a bit higher and as I looked ahead tears began streaming down my face. God had set a rainbow in the sky.  A rainbow that reminded me that He is indeed faithful forever.






Last evening and this morning was tough. I almost didn't go to church. Burrowing in bed beneath the covers was an almost overwhelming thought. I fought that temptation, got up, showered and went to church. I was honest with a friend about how I was doing. She told me she would be praying and sought me out after church to speak words of truth and encouragement as I stood with tears once again streaming down my face.




When I started my car was "You are all I need..."was playing on the radio. As I got out of the car when I arrived home at noon, the bells from First Church were chiming "Trust and Obey." Discovering that we needed milk so Ruth could make cheesecake I drove to the grocery store-and the following song was playing.

The battle rages on
A storm in tempest roar
We cannot win this fight
Inside our rebel hearts
We’re laying down our weapons now
We raise our white flags
We surrender all to you
All for you
We raise our white flag
The war is over
Love has come
 
Your love has won
Here on this holy ground
You made a way for peace
Laying your body down
You took our rightful place
This freedom song is marching on
(Repeat Chorus)
Bridge:
We lift the cross
Lift it high
Lift it high (x8)
(Repeat Chorus)

[ From: http://www.metrolyrics.com/white-flags-lyrics-chris-tomlin.html ]
I am thankful for music. 
I am thankful for the love God lavishes on me.
I am thankful for reminders that I do not have to face the storms in life alone.
I am thankful for the many ways God speaks truth into my life.
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts