no more pain


next week I will be having back surgery
I am not naive
it won't be easy,
and there will be pain
but the potential relief of current issues is worth the risk

Years ago I went through the Navigator's 2:7 Bible Study series. It is a discipleship building curriculum that encourages and teaches a person how to mature in Christ and maintain a living, active, growing relationship with God through daily Bible reading, prayer and scripture memory. The practice of prayer is aided by a simple prayer sheet. Requests are recorded on the left, answers on the right. I like to highlight the whole line when an answer comes. Salvations. Prodigals. Questioners. Enemies. Physical, mental, emotional, spiritual concerns. Moves. Job changes. Relationships. Concerns. Family. Friends. Daily stuff. Nothing is too small or too big for me to add to the list and bring before the Father, (almost) daily. I say almost because there are rare occasions that the lists don't get my attention. It is a privilege to be asked to add something. I know the potential outcomes are worth the effort to pray about painful circumstances or hard things or seemingly impossible situations. 

That is a lot of lines. A lot of requests. A lot of answers. A lot of lingering, unresolved, ongoing beseeching requests. This morning as I finished the pain and suffering and fears and concerns were heavy. Almost immediately after identifying what was weighing me down a song came to mind. Its message is timely for me. 






I am sharing because I think someone else needs the reminder of the promise

there will be a day,
no more pain
no more fears 
no more suffering 
no more burdens

what a beautiful day that will be
we will see Jesus face to face
but until that day, 
let us hold onto Him, 
onto hope,
onto His promises
always and all ways

Comments

Popular Posts