false advertising

As I rode in the backseat of the vehicle on my way to Florida with two other women we talked about what we "had" to do/enjoy/discover on our trip. 

Beach-all three of us were a resounding yes!!!! Every day we would go to the beach. We visited several, arriving by mid afternoon and staying until sunset the three full days we were there. 

Real, local seafood-The other two were YES! Me, I can do without. But, I discovered that crab is a sweet tasting meat, tilapia continues to be a good option for me, and all clam chowder is not created equal

Hella's, a Greek restaurant in Tarpon Spring's. Hmmm, Greek=baklava. I was definitely interested! We ordered a combination platter and shared-I ate more new things. One of them was flaming cheese "oopa!" It was good. I think it important to explain that we did more than eat and beach hop. In Tarpon Springs we learned about natural sea sponges and purchased a few. 

We visited another Greek restaurant and I had my first Gyro. Tasty!

A Philly Cheese Steak, made with bread flown in fresh daily. We ate that too. 

Donuts-Kim wanted to find a bakery with great donuts. I had just one request. A frosted Long John. Maple or chocolate frosting. With cream, not custard.

Make strawberry jam if Plant City strawberries were available. They were, we did. The produce stand we stopped at also had great blueberries so we made a small batch of blueberry jam too. Blueberry was a first for me, and I found that homemade blueberry jam is as tasty as homemade strawberry!

Jill discovered two estate sales Thursday morning. (She runs an estate sale business and wanted to go check out the way they are done in Florida, maybe glean some helpful hints.) They left at 7:45 AM, came back for breakfast and we all went to the  one that was by appointment only. Except it really wasn't what "by appointment only" means. We had an 11 AM appointment and there were a slew of people there. Another first for me. I didn't realize Estate Sales are basically an indoor yard sale!

Sadly, there was not a morning where Kim woke up way before us with time to go on a bakery quest for great donuts. 

On our way home Friday we stopped at a yard sale. Another first for me while on a trip. I found a couple of great things and ended up with a free air plant.

We got in Saturday at 3:00 AM. I stayed the night with Kim and after breakfast headed to Andrew and Bre's for a quick visit. I got to keep Abram while they did their church stuff Saturday evening. 


Sunday morning Bre was again part of the music team. Andrew had stuff to do in the children's department, but was free to meet me in the foyer for the 9:00 service. They had responsibilities in the 10:45 service as well. No problem for me! I had noticed there was coffee and donuts but I didn't have time to partake before service so I headed to the area they were being offered. My heart skipped a beat when I gazed into the display case...


I took this picture and sent it to Kim along with the message "Crossroads offered the missing piece."
Then I took a bit, my mouth watering in anticipation.
MMMMMM. Delicious. Melt in your mouth soft. Just the right amount of chocolate frosting. But no cream in that first bite. Must be one of those that is filled from just one end. So I looked. At both ends. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Rather, what I was not seeing, so I broke it apart.

No cream. 
No custard.
It looked like a Long John, but it was really just a long frosted donut.
I honestly felt deceived.
I still ate it, but it wasn't quite as satisfying as I'd anticipated.
And I got to thinking.
Am I what I present myself to be?
Do I allow the Holy Spirit to fill me?
Or am I guilty of false advertising?

Comments

Popular Posts