trust matters

As I drove to a new place in Louisville Saturday afternoon I was thinking about how different it is to travel alone boldly, comfortable with not knowing exactly where I was because I have Siri to get me to my destination. 

At about that time I saw a billboard with the tag line "Trust Matters".

Trust matters. 
It is what gave me confidence. I trust Siri.

Trust matters. 
That is why I can face each day with confidence, knowing that no matter what crosses my path, I am going to get to where I want to be. It may not be easy. It may not be pleasant. It may not be familiar. It may not be comfortable. It may seem to be taking forever. But as long as I keep eternity in mind, as long as I trust and follow the directions of my Creator and Sustainer, I will be on the right road to end up at my desired destination. Home with Him.

Who we trust matters. 
The times I am most lost, most confused, are when I take matters into my own hands and think I know better than Siri. Or worse, when I think I know better than the Lord. Thankfully, both are quick to forgive and are very good at re-routing and getting me headed back in the right direction.


"Teach me, Lord, the way of Your decrees,
that I may follow it to the end.
Give me understanding, so that I may keep Your law
and obey it with all my heart.
Direct me in the path of Your commands,
for there I find delight."
Psalm 119:33-35

"Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path."
Psalm 119:105

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
and He will make your paths straight."
Proverbs 3:5-6

"The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped;
therefore my heart exults,
and with my song I shall thank Him."
Psalm 26:7

"You will keep in perfect peace
those whose minds are steadfast,
because they trust in You.
Trust in the Lord forever,
for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal."
Isaiah 26:3-4

Comments

Popular Posts