trust and truth

trusting
it's a hard thing sometimes
even though I know God is completely trustworthy
even though He has never failed me
even though He is totally faithful

still,
some days
trusting is a difficult choice, 
an exercise of the will
not an automatic response

feelings muddy the waters
they work to manipulate the truth
they want to rule reason
feelings lie to us, loudly
feelings are powerful 

Truth is more powerful
it whispers "trust Me" 
and in my life trust is sometimes lived out 
one tiny, hesitant, slow step of obedience after the other 
Truth gives me the desire and ability to trust

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.' " John 14:6

So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;  and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
John 8:31-32

Comments

Popular Posts