it's all relative


The other day Sarah put a video of Willow "talking" on our family website.
I posted that I was sure she was saying she had so much fun at grandma Donnette's house at Christmas that they needed to come back soon for a visit.
Sarah replied "today is one of those days I wish you didn't live so far away because I would get in the car and come spend the day with you".
Sarah lives about 325 miles away.
It is a seven hour drive.
Too far for a "day trip".

Today Deborah put a video of Abigail "reading" Good Night Moon , on our family website. At the end of her comment the other day Sarah noted "Deborah, it's all relative isn't it".
Deborah lives thousands of mile away.
To fly home takes about 24 hours.
To FLY home is a literal one day trip.

Beth is only about 125 miles away.

Jonathan is about 10 miles away.

Andrew and Ruth are working at KCU, half a mile away.

I have two babies in heaven.

Each of my children is safe.
Each if them is well.
I rejoice in that.

Most days I don't give a second thought to where my children are because technology makes it possible for me to often talk to those who are here.

But tonight I miss being with my children.

Tonight they are all too far away.

I wonder if God ever feels that way about me?

Comments

  1. this is one of your best blogs yet. I am sorry you family is so separated I know it has to be hard. :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to share

Popular Posts