blessing or curse

This morning I have been thinking about the people in my life.
Some of them are treasures that shine.
Some are "diamonds in the rough".
Some are like sand paper.
Some are thorns in my flesh.
To be completely honest, I can boil it down to two groups, some are a blessing and some occasionally drive me to the point of wanting to curse!

This led me to think about Deuteronomy 11:26-28
"See, I am setting before you today a blessing and a curse-the blessing if you obey the commands of the Lord your God that I am giving you today; the curse if you disobey the commands of the Lord your God and turn from the way that I command you today by following other gods which you have not known."
Some say "this is from the OT, it doesn't apply to us".
I respectfully disagree.

Check out this NT verse:
I John 5:3 "This is love for God: to obey His commands. And His commands are not burdensome,"

What? I think remembering ten commandments and the 613 laws found in Leviticus is burdensome!

Read a bit more, from Mark 12:28-31:
When a teacher of the law came to Jesus and asked him "of all the commandments, which is the most important?" Jesus' answer was "The most important one is this;'Hear, O Israel,the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

It boils down to this- love God with all of you and let Him spill out of you. When you practice this often and long enough, it becomes second nature to love others.

When I am loving God like I should, even those who are thorns in my life cause me to grow in Christ. I tend to stop and think "there has to be some deep hurt somewhere in their life to cause them to be so thorn-like" and I am driven to pray- for healing in their lives and for my attitude.

If I want to be a blessing, I need to remain in a growing love relationship with Jesus,
otherwise I become a curse in someones life.

The choice is before me.
I choose the blessing!

Comments

  1. lol I know I am a curse lol but I have found that to be so true in my life if I try to practice love more then I tend to loose my patience a lot less. or it could be the meds lol but u are right God does give u the strength if u try to love even when it seems so impossible. Thank u

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pansy, dear Pansy- you are a blessing in MY life- don't know what you are doing in other people's lives...:) but I have a feeling you are a blessing htere too. love you!
    mommaD

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol awww shucks well I havent changed much lol You know i thank GOd for everytime I remember you. Thank u so much for loving me and excepting me for who I am ((((((MOMMA D)))) xo always

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to share

Popular Posts