Sabbath rest

I say I believe in a Sabbath rest.

God worked six days and rested one.
I am definitely NOT as strong as God.
So it follows that I definitely need to rest.

I want to follow His commands-
Hebrews 4:9-11
"There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God's rest, also rests from his work, just as God did from His. Let us, therefore, to make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following their example of disobedience."

Refusing to take time to rest is disobedience.

I need to give myself permission to physically stop.

Jesus said,
"Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

I just looked up yokes and Wikipedia described three types of yokes:
A bow or neck yoke is a shaped wooden crosspiece bound to the necks of a pair of oxen.
A head yoke fits onto the head of the oxen.
A withers yoke fits just in front of the withers of the oxen.( Withers is the highest part of the back at the base of the neck.)

Regardless of where it fits, the purpose of a yoke is to allow two animals to work together to complete a task. Things that one cannot accomplish by itself are possible when two pull together.

Insisting on pushing through life on my own strength, carrying burdens by myself, is stupid. Especially when Jesus invites me to come to Him.

I need to rest spiritually, emotionally, mentally by going to Jesus, putting on the yoke He offers and allow Him to bear the brunt of the burden.

He does not want me to bear life all by myself.

He does not want you to bear life all by yourself.

Let's enjoy a Sabbath rest with Him.

Comments

Popular Posts