book learnin'

I am taking two classes at KCU this semester.

Christian Heritage has already been helpful by showing me what is considered essential information from the Old Testament and how it relates to our faith today.

Introduction to Christian Education is teaching me how to recognize and verbalize my philosophy of education and how to identify other's philosophies. We are beginning to get into writing lesson plans that will lead to outlining a curriculum.

Book learnin' that relates to my life or an interest I have is exciting and I find myself thinking about it outside of class.

On the other hand, book learnin' that I consider irrelevant doesn't do much for me.

I wonder if that is why so many people don't spend more time learning what is in the Book of Life?

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness so that the man (or woman) of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." II Timothy 3:16-17

Comments

Popular Posts