God is Faithful. Always.

can you identify this?

what about now?
it's much easier when things are clear
Why this tree?
Why these pictures?
Because I read 1 Corinthians 1:9 this morning.
Because it was raining.
Because it was dreary and cold and gray.


Because as I started the car I read the sign on my porch


and thought about how easy it is to be thankful
when it is sunny and warm and cheery
or when there are just a few raindrops


and about how sometimes it is much harder to see things to be thankful for.

I took all the pictures because since chapel yesterday I have been thinking about hard questions.

Questions like:
Why do kids get cancer?
Why do babies die in their sleep?
Why do faithful people struggle?
Why do evil people prosper?
Why do "good" parents sometimes end up with "bad" kids?
Why are people who don't want babies able to get pregnant
and some of those I love who do want babies can't conceive or, 
if they do, 
they can't carry a baby to term?
Why...(you fill in your "big" question(s).

I know the right answers and when things are clear it is easy 
to focus
to be thankful
to walk in obedience
to be joyful



but when troubles come things can get blurry in a hurry
and if it's been a while 
recalling the beauty on the other side of the rain is difficult


 












1 Corinthians 1:9
"God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord."

God is faithful.
I believe that wholeheartedly.
I hold onto that truth daily,
especially when things get blurry 
particularly when it is hard to see things to be thankful for.



"God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord."

sun or rain
calm or storm
sick or well
living with ease or struggling
mourning or rejoicing
climbing or sliding
working or resting
I will ever be thankful 
because:
(1) God is faithful
(2) He called me into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ my Lord.

Comments

Popular Posts