kisses and comfort

Tis the season 
my mailbox is more full
along with my bank statement and credit card bill 
there were two holiday fundraising requests today... 
addressed to Bill

big sigh
deep breath
no tears-but we all know that could change without notice

I would have thought that after four years his mail would stop
obviously it hasn't
the other piece of mail pictured with his name on it?
he is eligible for more Medicare options as he nears 65
that isn't happening either

another big sigh and deep breath

for a few minutes 
as I looked at those envelopes,
I wished he was here to sort through his mail, 
to make decisions about where to give
to look at the health care options and make a wise choice

but that wish was short lived
when I stopped to think about what that would mean
I became very thankful I am the one going through his mail 
what?
why?

because how could I ever really want him to leave heaven?

It is also the season for indulging in a little kiss now and then.
Have you seen the commercials? Sometimes they are hard to watch.
My sweetie isn't here with me so what should I do?
Since I am not interested in finding anyone else, these kisses will do nicely.
I've heard that chocolate makes everything better.*


But really sweet comfort?
That comes only from the God who loves me.
He loves you too.

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God."
 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Comments

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to share

Popular Posts