stretch marks

I can't think of anything I'd rather invest my life in...
Jonathan, Sarah, Elizabeth, me, Deborah, Ruth, Andrew


being a mom stretches me like Gumby-
physically
(I have silvery marks on my body to prove it)
mentally
(if I am not flexible, I'll break)
emotionally
(I am capable of depths of feeling I never imagined existed)
spiritually
(I understand God's love for me in a different way than I did before)

being a mom stretches me like Gumby-
physically
(I can go without sleep and a lot of other things when my child needs me-
those who grew in me womb, and those who grew in my heart)
mentally
(I figured out ways to answer impossible questions 
including swallowing my pride to say "I don't know")
emotionally
(I learned that love multiplies, 
it never divides)
spiritually
(prayer is not an option, 
it is an absolute necessity)

being a mom stretches me like Gumby-
physically
(I learned to do more, 
sometimes with less)
mentally
(the longer I am a mom 
the more I realize there are more questions than answers)
emotionally
(I now know it is entirely possible to be incredibly excited for opportunities my children have and at the same time be immensely sad about the life changes that accompany those opportunities)
spiritually
(when someone messes with one of my babies I break out in momma bear warrior mode and I have to ask God to help me to be who He has created me to be and not who I want to be)

I am stronger
I am more resilient
I am more dependent
I am more independent
I am more, simply because I was given the incredible job of motherhood

Comments

Popular Posts