when momma's tired


when this momma is tired 
my eyes show it
even my smile is affected tonight
sometimes my tolerance level lowers
and my expectations increase exponentially

my brain is racing 
but it is spinning in circles rather than making progress
and as it goes nowhere fast it screams
"you aren't done yet"
"keep pushing through"

not tonight
all those things that at one time I would have felt guilty leaving undone
are not going to bully me into further exhaustion this time
they will still be there tomorrow or the next day
but I won't get to them if I don't take care of myself

and neither will you...
if you have done what needs to be done today
I invite you to join me and leave what remains for another day
goodnight friends
I hope your dreams are sweet and I pray your sleep is restful

Comments

Popular Posts