mom's gift

mom
mama
madre
marme
mother
momma
mommy
mommaBondo
mommaD (I have to capitalize the D or I become mom mad)
it is a privilege and gift to answer to one of these names
by the children that grew in my womb and by those that grew in my heart

If there is one gift I can give to each one who claims me,
I pray it is the same gift Eunice gave Timothy.
Paul talks about it in 2 Timothy 1:5

 "I am reminded of your sincere faith, 
a faith that dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice 
and now, I am sure, dwells in you as well." 

This is not to say that I can give them my faith, because I cannot. 
I have heard it explained this way:
"God does not have any grandchildren, only children."
But I can set an example. 
I pray it is an example worth following.
"Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ." 1 Corinthians 11:1
And please, if I am not following Christ-do not follow me!


"I have no greater joy 
than to hear that my children 
are walking in the truth." 3 John 3:4



Comments

Popular Posts