victors


victor
for there to be victor
there has to be a battle or conflict
struggles
strategies

wounds 
most inflicted by the enemy
sometimes by friendly fire

agony
loss
blood
guts
tears

a "loser"
a "winner"
but honestly, 
in a fight
don't all involved lose something

confidence shaken
mental sharpness dulled
brain function disrupted

sometimes wounds are obvious-
loss of a limb for example-
sometimes the damage is more difficult to discern
and sometimes the injuries cannot be seen at all with our eyes
but that does not make them less of a loss

to my warrior friends ,
whatever your battle may be
please, don't give up

take that next step whatever it is
in whatever direction you need to take it
forward, sideward, occasionally backward
and know that however small it may seem to others
I know that for you it is monumental

those who scorn your attempts have probably never struggled
those who downplay your efforts have no idea of your true strength
those who ignore your painful struggle no clue of the grace you exhibit

I see you 
I am pulling for you
I applaud your courage and grit
I commend your commitment to living
your determination to keep going is an inspiration 

YOU my dear friend, are a victor of the highest order

Comments

Popular Posts