hard conversations


sometimes hard conversations need to take place

I have used several strategies in regards to that:
avoid them at all costs
ignore how I feel 
pretend "it" never happened
rationalization 
justify the choices made by all parties involved
the resolution I prefer but am least likely to be able to carry off-
since most hard conversations need to occur amongst loved ones, 
stay as far away from the other person as possible

today,
after much prayer,
I had one of those hard conversations with someone I love
guess what
it was freeing
it was not nearly as hard as I imagined it would be
as we talked I realized it was hard for the other person too
the best part-
I believe our relationship is stronger and more healthy now

only time will tell, but I hope I can make this a new habit

Comments

Popular Posts