don't believe everything you hear

ouch

I did not see that one coming

but that does not make the blow hurt any less

I suck in my ragged breath 

mentally reeling from the punch

I quickly phone a friend for moral support and receive it

I also ask for prayer, knowing it will happen

later I call a brother and am given wise advice

when alone, 

I cry

I get red, sandy eyes and a snotty nose

I call another loving, listening ear 

calmly, gently, quietly, truth is spoken into my emotional upheaval

I am compassionately challenged to think about and focus on what is real 

I am reminded to not get distracted by whispered half truths and lies

I am prayed with while I am on the phone

and the result?

peace in my mind

joy in my heart

rest for my weary soul

I am thankful for those who love me well

Comments

Popular Posts