He Sees Me

this afternoon found me in the office of a dermatologist
filling out new patient information paperwork
almost losing it in the waiting room
not wanting to fill in that second line
knowing I had to

the doctor came into the room and made small talk
put me at ease
looked over my history/why I was there information
looked at my nose
glanced at my eyes
"Yes, it is basal cell carcinoma."
"You have brown eyes. It is unusual for people with brown eyes to get it because of your darker skin pigmentation..."
then he went on to tell me what the treatment plan is
next: a biopsy in his office 
then: surgery to remove it, again in his office
we talked about my children, where they are, what they are doing
and today there were no tears like there were in the oral surgeons office
for that I am thankful

afterward I did what I do best when I don't know what to do with myself
I went shopping
first stop: Hobby Lobby
I found some great deals
and a sign that I may go back for (this one was a little damaged)


as I walked toward the doors to the next store,
head down, recounting the doctor's words
confident everything is going to be okay,
but still "dragging" mentally and emotionally
look what I found:


a penny
a reminder "in God I trust"
but something new that I gleaned when I read Mark 12:41-44 the other day

"Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents. Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.”
I have absolute confidence that God sees this widow
I am sure He sees my offerings of trust and faith,
and accepts them for what they are
there may be others who give more,
but He accepts and values what I have to give


guess what I found as I walked toward the doors of my last stop?
another penny,
my second small copper coin today
my emotions and thoughts may be on a roller coaster ride, 
but it is well with my soul

Comments

Popular Posts