Christmas Magic 359/366


it has been a long time since I felt the "magic of Christmas"

and I don't know if it was making cut out sugar cookies and icing them,

friends making sure I had almond flavoring so I could make thumbprints,

my batch of peanut butter fudge turning out,

sharing treats with a few friends for the first time in years, 

the snow that is falling fast and furious this Christmas Eve afternoon

covering everything with a blanket of pristine beauty,

or a combination of all that and more,

but today, I sense it, the magic of the season, fully

a quiet hush of complete peace and soul rest

the thrill of hope, not just the assurance of it

and the magic of Christmas this year is welcome, 

very welcome indeed.

I feel like the Grinch, after his heart grew, 

and I hope you catch a full dose of this too


Comments

Popular Posts