the first day of my princess quest 338/366

One time, back when I was a kid...Andrew insists this is the way all good stories begin.

One day, back when I was a kid, Wednesday night to be exact, Anita planned to make vegetable soup for supper Thursday. I offered to make a loaf of beer bread to go with it. That triggered her memory of a hot pepper beer bread mix she'd purchased in Venice that she hadn't made yet. She asked if I wanted to make it too. Well, since I was already planning on making one loaf, there wouldn't be much more work for me to make two loaves so I brought the mix home with me.


It made sense for me to make the beer bread before I did anything else this morning. That way it could bake for 50-60 minutes while I made my breakfast, ate and had my time alone with Jesus. The timing would be perfect for all the things I needed to do to be completed at the same time.

Of course, easy peasy gets mixed first and there was no measuring of anything for Anita's bottle, just open, put in a bowl, add 12 ounces of beer, stir and bake. I grabbed my bottle opener because it wasn't a twist off cap. Popped the lid off, ready to empty it into the bowl and got a shock.

I am not exactly sure what happened, but it wasn't what I expected.

The shirt I am wearing is black. Dark black.

And I have some gray hair, but not that much.




The dry mix exploded in my face and settled like drywall dust all over me and my kitchen. So much for quick and easy! I said "not today Satan, and repeated it several times in the thirty minutes it took to clean up the mess. In the future, I will be sticking to my recipe. 

The best things about this:
It happened to me and not Anita.
I have known all day what I was going to write about tonight.
Laughter. 
Anita's laughter when I told her the story and showed her the photo. She laughed so hard I was afraid she might pee herself.
Tiffany's laughter when Anita told her the story and she saw the picture.
And the kids laughter.
And the laughter I am guessing/hoping my experience brought to you. 

Comments

Popular Posts