he says I can't


the reasons vary
the volume fluctuates
but he always communicates the same idea,
loudly,
"YOU CAN'T..."

  • go 
  • do 
  • afford 
  • risk
  • dream
because you are
  • tired
  • weak
  • old
  • busy
  • lacking
the enemy is relentless and ruthless
he speaks brutal truth
I have gotten to the point

  • I don't fight him
  • I don't argue with him
  • I agree with him 
  • I acknowledge the truth he speaks
  • but I don't believe him
because I hear the gentle, consistent whisper of the Lover of my soul saying:
  • "I AM, not I was or I will be, I AM"
  • "listen for My voice"
  • "trust Me"
  • "follow Me"
  • "abide in Me"
  • "rely on Me"
  • "do not be discouraged"
  • "what I have called you to do, I will enable you to do"
  • "there is no place I will lead you that I am not already there"

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,...I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. ..." from Ephesians 1

Comments

Popular Posts