check ups


sometimes the things that are meant to protect us are painful in the beginning
my yearly physical was today
blood pressure good
heart good
lungs clear
ears great-the light did not shine straight through when he looked
I go for fasting blood work in the morning

Doc asked if I had gotten my flu shot somewhere yet
I replied, "I don't believe in them. 
But if you tell me in your professional opinion that I need to get one, I will."
he told me how long he has been getting them
we discussed how they work
he didn't tell me he wanted me to get one
so I am continuing my "no flu shot for me" campaign

next on his list was the pneumonia shot-
he looked at my age, 
verbally confirmed it and said the nurse would be in to give me one
didn't feel a thing when the she gave it to me
a few minutes later I could tell something had been injected
a few hours later my arm felt like I had been kicked by a mule
ibuprofen and acetaminophen are my good friends until this feels better

this reminds that there are times God does what is needed,
not necessarily what is pleasant in my life
to keep me spiritually healthy
I am remembering that when I first married Bill he was the center of my life,
more important to me even than God
slowly, patiently, painfully God taught me to put Him where He belonged
I don't have to enjoy it to be thankful He is doing what is best
For those whom the Lord loves He disciplines... if you are without discipline... then you are illegitimate children and not sons. Furthermore, we had earthly fathers to discipline us, and we respected them; shall we not much rather be subject to the Father of spirits, and live? For they disciplined us for a short time as seemed best to them, but He disciplines us for our good, so that we may share His holiness. All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness. From Hebrews 12:6-11

Comments

Popular Posts