Dear Bill...

Dear Bill,
I know you cannot get letters in heaven but there is so much I want to talk to you about, so many things have changed in three years. So I am going to pretend and share some of the highlights that have been on my mind today.

We have three new grandchildren! Ruth and Kyle added Mia Rose, Deborah and David added Gabriel, and Bre and Andrew had their first-Abram. 

Deborah and David got their 3 year residency papers for Salekhard just after you went home to be with Jesus. That paved the way for them to apply for and receive their 5 year residency papers this spring, those official documents will be ready next month! They also finished the house and are enjoying it. Abigail and Selah go to the Russian public school.

Beth and Mike are still in Cincinnati, same house, but both have different jobs now. Beth homeschooled the kids for a couple of years. Hannah, Chloe, Crisitan and Addyston are all in public school for the first time this fall. 

You aren't the only living in a new place.

Andrew and Bre moved to Evansville to join the ministry at Crossroads. He is the Family Pastor and Bre is part of the Worship Team.

Kourtney changed professions so he and Sarah moved their family from Illinois to Jamestown KY. Noell, Kaelyn, Korah and Willow are in public school as well. Sarah is teaching English online to Chinese students!

Jonathan and Jess bought a home and moved to the Russell/Flatwoods area. Addi is in school and I'm pretty sure Benjamin is starting preschool. 

Ruth and Kyle just moved to Vancouver Washington. I thought of you so often as we drove out there. Their hearts are drawn to church planting. They have partnered with the CEA and a new church there. The process begins with an internship. When they launch it will be a fifth generation church. 

I stayed with them for 12 days before flying back into Evansville which is where we started our journey west. I know how to download my boarding pass to my phone now. I spent a few days with Andrew and Bre before heading back to Grayson. As I drove home today I realized something-I can make it to see our children within driving distance all on my own. Well, me and Siri. You would be proud of me and more relaxed about my traveling now.

I reconnected with my cousin Sue. I didn't know if I'd ever see any of my cousins again. 40+ years is a long time to be apart. 

I've lost 2 aunts in the last year.

Thank you for loving me and making sure I had everything I needed while you were here to take care of me. Thank you for planning and saving and doing what needed to be done so that I would have everything I needed if you weren't here to take care of me. 

I love you. I miss you. Sometimes I think it is getting easier. Other times my heart shatters in a million pieces and I feel like the grieving process is starting fresh all over again. It would be selfish to wish you back from heaven. But that doesn't stop me from wishing that I could talk to you, hold your hand and be held by you sometimes.

I am glad you are in heaven. I just wish it didn't hurt so much to be apart. 

Comments

Popular Posts