why color matters to me...and why it doesn't

color can tell you a lot 

if a banana is brown
 it is time for me to make banana bread or throw it out

the colors of a bruise
 can indicate where you are in the healing process these are from December 
right after I got hit                the next day                           a few days later

if a baby's face is red
 I know it is more than likely preparing to cry or is filling it's diaper

if an adult's face is red
 there is a good chance they are embarrassed, angry or overheated

color can tell you when fruits and vegetables are ripe

color can tell you when a runny nose is allergies or a cold

color can tell you when food has gone bad 

color can tell you when an injury is infected (a red streak is bad news)

if tree leaves are beginning to turn orange, red or yellow
    I know my favorite season is here

the color on a medical test strip can be important

the color of the uniform differentiates the teams 

the color of the sky can tell you when a storm is moving in

and a band of colors reminds me that God always keeps His promises


if the traffic signal is red, we need to stop
    if it is green, we need to go
    if it is yellow, we need to use caution, slow down 

those are all times color matters to me

when it comes to people it is a different story:
   color cannot tell me a person's character 
   color cannot tell me what is in their heart
   color cannot tell me what their life is like
   color cannot tell me how they will react to me
   color cannot tell me how they will treat me
that information comes with spending time together,
and spending time together either draws you closer
or lets you know to let go

this picture is of some of my people, my family
we come in all shapes, sizes, ages and shades
This is the part of our family that braved the slip and slide at the house for Andrew's graduation several years ago. Yep, Bill/Pops did it too.

Comments

Popular Posts