it's okay to be broken

Some people think we need to be 
strong
whole
"all together"
before God can use us-
that He wants nothing to do with 
the weak
the broken
the bruised

His word tells us differently:

"The Lord is near to the brokenhearted
    and saves the crushed in spirit."
Psalm 34:18


"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
    a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise."
Psalm 51:17

"He heals the brokenhearted
    and binds up their wounds."
Psalm 147:3


"...a bruised reed He will not break,
    and a faintly burning wick He will not quench;..."
Isaiah 42:3

Where is God when our world is shattered?


"God is our refuge and strength,
    a very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way,
though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble at its swelling."
Psalm 46:1-3

"Whom have I in heaven but You?
And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides You.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
    but God is the strength of my heart 
and my portion forever."
Psalm 73:25-26

Comments

Popular Posts