misunderstood

Tears can easily be misunderstood.

Using their presence or absence
is a faulty gauge 
for judging how someone is "getting along".
There is no way to predict 
or explain why 
some times tears fall in 
torrential waves
some times tears make
gentle tracks
some times tears leave 
barely a trace.

so...

Please don't mistake the tears 
you 
do not 
see 
as a sign or measure 
of 
denial
nor of
healing
nor of
strength.

and...

Please don't mistake the tears 
you 
do 
see 
as a sign or measure 
of 
weakness
or as a lack
of joy, 
of peace 
or of trust.

Make no mistake...

Regardless of where my tears are, 
it is well with my soul.
I believe that God is good, all the time 
and all the time, God is good.
I know that I am God's beloved.
God has not failed me in the past.
God will not fail me now.
God will not fail me in the future.
That trust and assurance fills my heart-
which in turn fills my eyes 
with beautiful thanks-filled tears.

Comments

Popular Posts