Comfort

"My comfort in my suffering is this:
Your promise preserves my life."
(NIV)
"This is my comfort in my affliction,
that your promise gives me life."
(ESV)
Psalm 119:50

"Let not your hearts be troubled. 
Believe in God; believe also in Me. 
In My Father's house are many rooms. 
If it were not so, 
would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? 
And if I go and prepare a place for you, 
I will come again and will take you to Myself, 
that where I am you may be also. 
And you know the way to where I am going.” 
Thomas said to Him, 
“Lord, we do not know where you are going. 
How can we know the way?” 
Jesus said to him, 
“I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. 
No one comes to the Father except through Me."
John 14:1-6

5 Versions of 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 
Because sometimes wording makes a difference 
in our understanding.

 "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. He is the Father who is full of mercy, the God of all comfort. He comforts us every time we have trouble so that when others have trouble, we can comfort them with the same comfort God gives us."
(ERV Easy Reader Version)

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 
who comforts us in all our troubles, 
so that we can comfort those in any trouble 
with the comfort we ourselves receive from God." 
(NIV New International Version)

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 
the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 
who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God."
(NASB New American Standard Bible)


"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of sympathy (pity and mercy) and the God [Who is the Source] of every comfort (consolation and encouragement),
Who comforts (consoles and encourages) us in every trouble (calamity and affliction), so that we may also be able to comfort (console and encourage) those who are in any kind of trouble or distress, with the comfort (consolation and encouragement) with which we ourselves are comforted (consoled and encouraged) by God."
(AMP Amplified Bible)

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 
the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 
who comforts us in all our affliction, 
so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, 
with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted 
by God."
(ESV English Standard Version)

Comments

Popular Posts