New Years Resolution

It is January 3rd.
Some may think I am a few days late with this post.
I don't think there is a wrong time to share your resolution.

I looked on dictionary.com for the definition of resolution:

noun
resolution: the act of resolving or determining upon an action, 
course of action,method, procedure, etc.

Since resolving is in a different color I looked it up.

(Side note)
When I looked up resolving I saw words like re solve-
and I realized I am re-solving one of my life questions*.

I spent 37 years seeking to answer the question: 
What is God's plan for me to be a wife that honors Him and pleases my husband? *Now I ask-what do I hold onto from what I have learned now that I am not a wife?

I have spent 35 years studying the question: 
What is God's plan for me as a mother; 
what can I do to help my children come to love Him as I do?

I have learned to study His word always asking the questions: 
What is God's plan/expectation/desire/will for me as His child? 

I find a lot of answers in the book of Ephesians. Copying and posting the whole book is not appropriate for a blog post. However, a verse I memorized years ago, Micah 6:8, is a concise answer. 


"He has told you, O man, what is good;

and what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness,
    and to walk humbly with your God?"


When I read the dictionary.com definition of resolve, 
I smiled because the sentence they give as an example of how to use the word in a sentence is a quick explaination of what I have been and continue to be committed to.

resolve


verb (used with object)resolved, resolving.

1.
to come to a definite or earnest decision about; 
determine (to do something):
I have resolved that I shall live to the full.

Though my life circumstances have changed, 
my life's purpose has not.
I am resolved to live life to the full.


Comments

Popular Posts